Robbie Fowler scored 183 goals for Liverpool
- News: Agent claims Liverpool will sign Doni on Thursday
- News: Charlie Adam to become a Red after passing medical
- News: McLeish tells Liverpool to give up on Downing
- News: Johnson inks new Liverpool deal
- News: Villa reject £15m Liverpool bid for Downing
Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler will play for Thailand’s Muang Thong United next season, the club have revealed.
Fowler, who quit Australia’s A-League after two seasons with the now-defunct North Queensland Fury and Perth Glory, is due to arrive in Thailand on Friday and undergo a medical.
“He agreed to play with Muang Thong United as a forward,” team manager Ronnarit Suewaja told AFP on Thursday. “I’m confident that Thai football will improve as a famous player like him agreed to join us. The contract has already been signed. We just need to work out a few details.”
The 36-year-old striker, who scored 183 goals during eight years at Liverpool, will join Portuguese coach Henrique Calisto at the club after he resigned from the Vietnam national team.
Fowler will be by far the highest profile player in the Thai Premier League, and joins former Fulham and QPR defender Zesh Rehman.